Have you seen the news out of Knoxville, TN, about a groomer who has had several dogs die in his care? Most recently, Moxie, a five-year old Beagle, died after being bathed at Happy Tails Grooming. While the groomer says the dog had a seizure, an autopsy showed heat exhaustion as well as broken ribs and a punctured liver.
According to the groomer, Moxie was always difficult to care for, and she bit the groomer when he attempted to lift her out of the tub. He denies flinging the dog, saying, “I wouldn’t be doing this if I didn’t love these [pets].” The groomer also denies using cage dryers, which in the past have been associated with heat exhaustion. He states that the establishment uses only handheld units.
To read the full article click on the link below